Saturday, July 25, 2015

Quilt Shot Block #36 ~ Crumb Strips

12½ inch block
          My fascination with crumbs continue.  Remember that pile of what I really call crumbs that was leftover from the last block?  
  Yep, used a bunch of them in this block. I had seen the idea of using adding machine tape to paper piece strips. However, I wanted my strips to be different widths to use smaller pieces. So I winged it without the paper then trimmed edges so I could sew the strips together.  The block grew until I could trim out a 12½ inch block.  
   It is odd that I had bought at a yard sale about 4 rolls of adding machine tape for about 25¢ each with no real purpose in mind.
Now I AM getting down mostly to a pile of threads that will have to go inside a pillow!

I was inspired to start all this crumbing piece from 
Crazy Mom Quilts Week 4 of her Scrap Vortex

Previous Crumb Blocks Posted
(Click on block)

http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/2015/07/quilt-shot-block-34-crumb-block.html

http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/2015/07/quilt-shot-block-35-4-patch-crumb.html


**********



Thanks to the FREE program:


Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

6 comments:

  1. Adding machine tape for paper-piecing??? Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I love crumbs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your crumb block. Sew happy that you put the adding machine paper to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a vortex quilt and still have lots of scraps left so I need to keep sewing!!!! Love your block

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these "crumb" blocks, it is making me look at my scraps twice!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.