Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quilt Shot Block #27 ~ Happy New Year Variation

12 ½ inch block

Basic pattern from:
One quarter of the 9 inch block
Then I tried to rearrange for a different variation.
Decided to go with the pattern given.



Then I messed around with the design again.
I wished I had done the following:
Done the following instead.
Wasn't crazy about it after I got it together.
It was only a 9 inch block, so had to add borders to go with my 12 inch collection.
Didn't quiet have enough fabric of any one color.
So I used 2 and still had to piece one of those. 
Can you find the pieced border?


**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

3 comments:

  1. This is a happy block, and it is yours. Great. I have this calendar too, and have thought about sewing the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, are you hoping to do all 365!? You'll deserve a medal at the end of the year if you do! Lol! This looks great and I can't see the pieced border! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the colours of this block, it will be great to see the whole thing develop :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.