Monday, September 8, 2014

Spaghetti Straps for AG (Carpatina) Summer Dress

You can download this pattern for free found at the bottom of the https://www.carpatina.com/patterns.html web site. Note it is not a pattern made specifically for an American Girl Doll. I had to alter just a bit.











******************************************
I had bought a bag of scrap fabric at a flea market.  These pieces looked like they were leftover from a curtain.  I had experimented using the border in making a kaleidoscope quilt block. Still had fabric left over, and thought the scale of the flower design would work well for doll clothes.  I pulled out the Free Carpatina Summer Dress Pattern I had downloaded and proceeded. 
Instead of using the pattern for the strap, I used some ribbon that just happened to match the flower design's color.

Marked length according to pattern.


The hem is the original hem that I think was once the hem for the curtains.

**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of the braided ribbon spaghetti straps! I may have to try that for my Peanut.

    Thanks for linking up at Inspire Us Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbons are a great way to make thin straps, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy, I've featured your spaghetti straps today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute :)

    Thank you for linking up with us on Wake-Up Wednesdays. I am Tanya from Kreative Korner, a co-host for the party.
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely idea for the straps, and I agree the pattern works really well as a doll's dress.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.