Saturday, July 19, 2014

Quilt Shot Block #24~ Tumbleweed by Eleanor Burns


12" block
Reminds me of the "Card Trick" block.



        I purchased this book back in the 90's. Usually Eleanor's directions and methods are easy.  For some reason I kept messing up.  After 3rd mistake, I finally had to quit, not quilt, for a day and come back the next. This wouldn't be one I'd make an entire quilt.  At least not by this method.  Also, lots of wasted fabric.







**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page


5 comments:

  1. The three different greens co-ordinate so well together, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this block. Interesting way of putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew....looks complicated, but the block is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great block! Thanks for sharing the details on how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pattern.. Thanks for sharing free tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.