Thursday, December 26, 2013

Blue Jean Christmas~ What is It?

   Featured @
   I created some up-cycled gifts for Mr. G from 1 pair of blue jeans. This gift was something he needed, but I mostly made it just to have a good time watching him guess what it was supposed to be. 
    None of my Face Book friends/family have guessed.  I did find this idea on Pinterest.
    What is your guess?


It was made from 1 pant leg and 2 back pockets.
The leg was cut apart at the seams,
 then sewn end to end to make 1 long strip.
Do you know what it is?
 Now do you know what it is?
Hopefully he'll put his remote and glasses in the pockets 
so he won't have to spend so much time looking for them?
The other part of the leg with the hole in the knee is used to go under the cushion 
so the pockets won't slip off the arm of his couch.
With the other pant leg, I made a couple of quick pot holders. 
Something a bachelor chef  always needs.
I also made a cloth bowl to set on his end table to collect stuff. 
We all have stuff on our end tables don't we?
I did give him a brand new pair of jeans.
So it turned out to be a Blue Jean Christmas for Mr. G.

************************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.i.e Home Stories A to Z
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

10 comments:

  1. Great ideas! My husband has a pair or two of jeans he needs to retire...might just do it for him. ;-)
    New Year blessings!
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! It's amazing what you can do with some old jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I keep meaning to make something for the remotes on our couch too. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Found you over at TipJunkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cool! Thanks for sharing! I always keep my denim, and I think the pot holders are a great idea!

    www.bombfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea Joy! My hubby needs one of those for his lazy chair lol. I was going to make one last year and then never did. Best thing is I have tons of jeans, trying to come up with 101 ways to reuse jeans so you just gave me a few more ideas! Thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to upcycle old jeans! Thanks for sharing with us at CAL link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great idea! You got a lot of use from those jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ways to repurpose old jeans, Joy. My hubby needs one of those for the lounge, too. Love the look of the potholders.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.