Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quilt Shot Block #12 ~ Spider Web

8 inch square
Found this pattern, probably in a magazine back in the mid 1970s.
To save the patterns I liked, I would trace the patterns.
 I apparently forgot to note to add 1/4 inch seam.
Never knew why magazines didn't always automatically include seam.
So this one turned out to be 8 inch rather than the 11 inch noted.

Some modern day tips I used in making this square:
Except note at the top of the strip triangle, the seams are pressed opposite to help lock in seam.

The hardest part in putting this block together is matching the center.

I didn't intend to fussy cut the sunflowers, but now I see two pieces should have had more sunflowers for a balanced look.

************************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Joy, I love the fabrics that you paired up too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice block, good fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun design and I love the colors. Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful's Motivated Monday.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.