Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blind Swing Canopy

What do you do when your swing canopy disintegrates?  The last 2 summers I used sheer curtains and enjoyed the effect but it didn't help keep the rain and birds away as well.  I came across this long plastic sun blind for a $1 at the local Restore.  After I used cotton string to "sew" it on the frame, I realized I could have used the strings from the blind which wasn't needed anymore.  The nylon string would probably weather better than the cotton string.
A paper clip helped thread the string between the blinds.


I think the wood blinds would look great in some settings as well. Just enough space between the blinds to let air flow so it won't act like a sail and let the wind carry it away.

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I'm loving the warmer weather and spending time outside.

    PS Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry it's taken so long for me to visit you back, but I am following you via linky now and hope you have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ingenious! Nice work redoing the swing, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this idea! We had to take our window blind off the window so this is perfect timing! I have been trying to figure out how to make a new canopy for our swing---they are sooooo expensive and the fabric I was looking at to make one is $40 a yard before shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever. Wish I'd thought of it. :). I bought material and sewed one, but this idea is great. Thanks for sharing. Am enjoying perusing your site. Thanks for visiting my link up so I could come visit. :)

    Peabea from Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome ! you have provided such nice detail about blinds. I like this blog. Thank you for sharing this type of blog and please keep posting.

    https://foreverblinds.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS....!!!
    thanks for the idea & Inspiration..!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your article is quite helpful! I have so many questions, and you have answered many. Thank you! Such a nice and superb article, we have been looking for this information about blind swing canopy . Indeed a great post about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.